Monday 26 May 2014

DEAR SIR


Sweet paradise


Dear Sir,
I think about heaven every day,
Deep desire, even for a day
just to get there and amaze
I can only imagine!

See, sitting next to Abraham,
crazily exploding in laughs
and wittingly asking
“Is it true what they say
about you and your house servant?”
Tell me Abram,
that you shed all men’s foreskin
what word you have on tattoos.

A night around Moses,
I yearn to ask him questions;
like how it all felt
having a  king on his knees
striking him with ten-time plagues,
a commando of his age.
I would love to know
where he borrowed the patience
to lead such stubborn lot.

I want to laugh at David, Sir.
That he secretly stole stares
at a bathing beauty
and killed for a night of pleasure.
Well, I want to hear
the truth in his killing of lion
worse still, a grizzly
for when my teacher narrates
It all seems like movie.

I have a story for Joseph
that, I know,
would will his ears;
How men on earth envy him
for the much they crave
for a seductive touch of noble lady.
Desperately wondering,
“How did he just resist?”

Sir, Solomon was a lucky one.
A thousand wives wise!
I need to tickle his ribs a little
that the most celebrated ‘Akuku’
of my time
had ten times less and respected.
Tell him, he owes men explanation;
Why his sweet book of Songs
never had word for women, to share.

A date with Mary.
I will live righteous to see it,
how lucky she was
to carry the son, that died
to set the wide world free.
Yet a cheeky idea to ask
whether she still died virgin.

Now, a skip to favorite bit,
while posing ‘selfie’ with Your son,
a huge burning question for him;
to tell the missing link of his story
from twelve in the temple
till thirty at baptism.
How badly he denied us
the story of his adolescence.
Oh! Jesus! What were you thinking,
turning water into wine?

Dear Sir,
lest I draft a novel
I will pen off for now.
I can only imagine!
So I want to be there in heaven
to witness the beauty of your glory
and be a living testimony
of your unchanging grace.
I desire eternity
with eternal years off
the chaining cuffs of the evil one.

Thus I sign,
Your faithful son.




                           By Sammy Nakitare


5 comments:

  1. Great piece Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one hell of a piece damn i like

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece..i like it too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prepare more questions for those not mentioned in this great work. I will show you how to ensure that you ever get the chance for the desire.

    ReplyDelete