Wednesday 20 May 2015

ONE DAY I'LL BE A THIEF



One day I’ll be a thief,
It’s all I’ve ever thought to be.
Trained through listening,
Prepared by watching,
Am almost precise and set,
To be this thief,
That shall never go caught.
But if I get,
Will still break out,
To thief twice more.

One day I’ll be a thief,
You’ll all make me.
I will lend you things,
Poor you will never know.
My name shall sail,
One coast to the other.
Then I’ll soon be back,
And rob all I gave to you,
Plus thrice much more.
And when you cry,
I will mock your tears,
With bare healing words.

One day I’ll be a thief,
It seems fun to be.
Break the blood bonds,
Watch blow meet blow,
And steal more and more.
An angry mob you shall be,
Boiling with anger,
Baying for blood,
Of the smooth thief,
Who shall silence your lips and,
Set me to catch me.

One day I’ll be a thief,
I’ll steal hearts of men,
And make them slave.
One day I’ll be a thief,
I’ll bring you close,
And too, bring you loss.
One day I’ll be a thief,
You will see my name,
Fly in papers on streets.
Yet you will never blame me!
I was born of angels,
But  got raised by thieves.


7 comments:

  1. compilations of the best poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me not to leave things around my hse when you visit, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day indeed you shall b a thief. Thief them except from me. I'll kill you if you do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, it is not often that the portrayal of the allure of the immoral (immoral as based on my worldview) is performed fairly realistically, without melodrama or understatement but you seem to have done a good job here. I can find no flaws, at least, not after the first reading. A little more detail on what the thief steals would be welcome though. 'The hearts of men', while intriguing is a little vague. The poem seems as if it should be longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. politics,politicians......steal, steal, vote back, heal a while, steal bigger die a thief!!

    Love it Sami keep going!!

    ReplyDelete